All Government Residents Business Visitors Education Employment


Q Become a notary?

Submit and pay for your application for Notary Public Commission online. You may also renew, schedule an exam or submit a resignation using the service.

For additional rules and information, FAQs, fees, and the notary manual, visit the Department of the Attorney General website.

Q Find a Hawaiʻi law?

Visit the Hawaiʻi State Legislature site and go to the lefthand side of the page to locate the search area for the Hawaiʻi revised statutes. Alternately you may view the table of contents or browse the HRS sections.

Q Find my tax refund?

To see the status of your individual refund with the Department of Taxation, visit the tax refund status website. Have your SSN and exact amount to be refunded available.

Q Learn about the open records and Sunshine laws?

Visit the Office of Information Practices, which promotes open and transparent government in Hawaiʻi.

Q Register to vote?

Register online using the Online Voter Registration System or visit the Office of Elections website for general information and additional registration options.

Q Track legislative bills?

Creating an account to register with the Legislature will allow you to create personalized measure tracking lists, submit testimony without the need to re-enter required information, and receive hearing notice notification by e-mail.


Q Apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)?

Read the Department of Human Services eligibility requirements for the supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP). Known previously as “food stamps,” SNAP benefits can help you stretch your food budget if you have a low income.

Q Apply for a passport?

Use the passport acceptance facility search to find the nearest location to apply for a passport. If you need your passport in less than 2 weeks for international travel OR you need your passport within 4 weeks to obtain a foreign visa, you will need to schedule an appointment at the Honolulu Passport Agency. View all other passport information at travel.state.gov.

Q Check on road conditions?

Islandwide, the Department of Transportation announces scheduled roadwork for the week.

On Oʻahu, GoAkamai is a great resource to check road conditions, cameras and traffic congestion, as well as traffic news Hawaiʻi for current traffic reports. The Honolulu Police Department also provides traffic accident information in real time.

On Maui, view road closure notifications from the Police Department.

In the County of Hawaiʻi, view the Department of Public Works Traffic and Road Work website to find road closure information. You can also visit them on Twitter.

Q File a consumer complaint?

The DCCA Office of Consumer Protection investigates consumer complaints alleging unfair or deceptive trade practices, in a broad range of areas, including advertising, refunds, motor vehicle rentals, door-to-door sales, and credit practices. Find out if they handle the type of complaint and then file the complaint.

Q Find more information about recycling?

Looking for information on bulky item pickup? Electronic waste or other recycling programs? Or where to drop off your cans for recycling? Just click on your county below:

Q Find tsunami evacuation zones?

Search by address or island to view maps on the tsunami map viewer.

Q Get a copy of a birth or marriage certificate?

You can order certified copies of birth and marriage certificates online. Certificates will be sent to you via postal mail. If you are unable to order your record online, you will need to order the certificate by mail, in person, or by phone.

Q Get a copy of my deed?

You can search for a deed at the Bureau of Conveyances (BOC) official public records search site. For additional questions, please contact the BOC at (808) 587-0154.

Q Get a license for my dog?

In Hawaiʻi, all dogs over 4 months of age are required to be licensed. Dog licenses are not transferable from one owner to the next. Please choose your county below to view licensing requirements and locations:

Q Make a legal name change?

Visit the Name Change Application to prepare for, pay, and track your name change process online.

Q Obtain a State ID card?

Please visit the Hawaiʻi Department of Transportation website for information and locations for applying for a State ID card.

Q Order a specialty license plate?
Q Pay my traffic ticket online?

Use the Hawaiʻi State Judiciary e-traffic system to pay for traffic or parking infractions online.

Q Purchase a camping permit?

Camping permits are issued by both state and county offices. Choose your location below for more information on reserving a campsite.

Q Purchase a fishing license?

Purchase and print a Hawaiʻi freshwater fishing license online. For all other permit types (Commercial, aquarium, Nuʻuanu entry and more), view the license and permit information from the Division of Aquatic Resources for instructions.

Q Register my bicycle?

Bicycles must be registered in the county where you reside. For more information, visit the county web sites below:

Q Renew a driver's license?

Each county has their own requirements for driver’s licensing renewal and registration and other motor vehicles services. Please select the appropriate county below for more information.

Q Renew my vehicle registration?

Visit the online motor vehicle renewals website. Select the registration county of your vehicle to continue the renewal process.

Q Request a flag to be flown over the Capitol?

Submit your request online to have a flag flown over the U.S. Capitol to honor a person, organization or event. Hundreds of flags are flown over the Capitol building each day in order to accommodate all the requests for these flags.

In Hawaiʻi, you can submit your flag request online. Please note only United States and Hawaiʻi State flags measuring 3x5 ft. or 4x6 ft. will be flown at the Hawaiʻi State Capitol. You must provide your own flag, and flags must be delivered to and picked up from the Office of the Governor.

Q Request to fix a pothole?

Please choose your county below for pothole request information:

  • City & County of Honolulu - Use the online request form or call the city pothole report phone line at 768-7777. If the pothole is on a state road or highway, call the state pothole report phone line at 536-7852.
  • County of Hawaiʻi - Contact public works for repairs.
  • County of Maui - Contact the road maintenance division of public works.
  • County of Kauaʻi - Contact the roads division of the public works department.
Q Search for sex offenders in my area?

Search and sign up for email alerts to notify you when a sex offender or covered offender moves in to your area, using the Hawaiʻi sex offender search.

Q Search for unclaimed property?

Search for and claim abandoned property from holders (companies, states, state agencies, etc.) using the Hawaiʻi unclaimed property search.

Q Track the status of my tax refund?

To see the status of your individual refund with the Hawaiʻi Department of Taxation, visit the tax refund status website. Have your SSN and exact amount to be refunded available.


Q End or dissolve my corporation?

If your corporation is no longer in business, please read the requirements for dissolving a corporation.

To file online, go to Hawaiʻi Business Express, login, click ‘Manage’ to select your business and then the DC-13 form to file the articles of dissolution.

Q File a BB-1?

File it electronically online using Hawaiʻi Tax Online. Hawaiʻi Tax Online is the convenient and secure way to submit a BB-1 online with the Hawaiʻi Department of Taxation.

Q File a complaint against a business?

Learn more about how to file a complaint against a company or individual. You can also check out a business online.

Q File my business annual report?

Submit your annual business filing online. Have your file number ready (located above the mailing address on the postcard you received) or find it using our business search.

Q Find business forms?

Visit Hawaiʻi Business Express to file business forms online. For a list of the forms that can be filed online please read the frequently asked questions.

To obtain a fillable PDF of a form to print, you can find the business registration forms and associated information on the Business Registration Division website. The forms can be mailed in with a check or submitted in person with a check or credit card.

Q Find my taxpayer ID number?

Use the tax license search to locate your Hawaiʻi taxpayer ID number.

Q Find out licensing requirements for my business?

Read the starting a business guide from the Business Action Center to learn more about permits and licensing requirements.

Q Get a certificate of vendor compliance?

The certificate of vendor compliance can be obtained by submitting an application through Hawaiʻi Compliance Express. A $12 annual fee is required. This service saves you time and hassle by allowing you to obtain clearances online for the following agencies: The Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA), the Department of Taxation, the IRS, and the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations (DLIR). The service includes real time monitoring of your status of compliance with each agency and you will be automatically notified by email any time your compliance status is changed.

Q Obtain a duplicate GE license?

If you have paid the one-time $20 license fee, there will be no additional charge. Duplicate licenses can be issued by calling the Taxpayer Services Branch at (808) 587-4242, or toll-free at 1 (800) 222-3229.

To request by email, please send your request including your phone number, to: Taxpayer.Services@hawaii.gov.

Q Obtain a tax clearance?

There are a few different methods of obtaining tax clearance on line.

Q Register or renew a trademark or service mark?

Use Hawaiʻi Business Express to register or renew a trade name, trademark or service mark online.

Q Search for a business?

Use our business search to look up information about Hawaiʻi businesses registered by the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs or see if a name is registered.


Q Find a college or university?

Find college and university information for 2 year, 4 year, and graduate institutions (both state and private).

Q Find a library?

Visit the Hawaiʻi State Public Library System for hours, information, and locations of public libraries. For other libraries in Hawaiʻi, visit our libraries page.

Q Find a school?

Use the School Finder tool from the Hawaiʻi DOE to sort by island, complex area and school type.

Q Get a GED?

View GED information, requirements, and frequently asked questions about taking the General Educational Development (GED) test.

Q Homeschool my child?

View Hawaiʻi homeschooling FAQs from the Hawaiʻi Department of Education.


Q Find job safety and health information?

View information for employers or for workers from the Hawaiʻi Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.

Q Find out my rights as a worker?

To find information on topics such as: family leave, child labor permits, rules for breaks, minimum wage laws and more, visit the Wage Standards Division of the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.

Q Find statistics about the labor market?

The research and statistics office provides information that can help with research, business planning, job search and career decisions. Also visit the Hawaiʻi Workforce Infonet for current labor market information.

Q Get or renew a license?

Most license types and programs are licensed under the Professional and Vocational Licensing Division of the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs. View the license types and programs, renew a license, or look up information for existing licensees. You can also see an overview of additional license types on our Professional Licensing page.

Q Obtain a Hawaiʻi background check?

Do an online search using eCrim to pay for and receive a certified copy instantly or visit the Hawaiʻi Criminal Justice Data Center website for more options; including fingerprint checks, postal mail or walk in requests.