Hawaiʻi Business Express
Register a business online in the state of Hawaiʻi.Developed in partnership with:
- Department of Taxation
- Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
- Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
- Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism
- Internal Revenue Service
To use Hawaiʻi Business Express, it is required that you have an eHawaii.gov account. The following informational videos explain what an eHawaii.gov account is, how to create one, and what to do if you forget your password.
HelpAsk the Agency
Most questions can best be resolved by contacting the state agency directly. If you aren't sure who to call, start with the Business Registration Division and they can direct you.
- Business Registrations (808) 586-2727 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Action Center (808) 586-2544 or email: email@example.com
- Hawaiʻi Department of Taxation (808) 587-4242 or email: taxpayer.services.@hawaii.gov
- Hawaiʻi Department of Labor, contact a DLIR division
If your corporation is no longer in business, please read the requirements for dissolving a corporation.
File it electronically online using Hawaiʻi Tax Online. Hawaiʻi Tax Online is the convenient and secure way to submit a BB-1 online with the Hawaiʻi Department of Taxation.
There are a few different methods of obtaining tax clearance on line.
- Create a free account with Hawaii Tax Online to file the A6 tax clearance form online.
- Create an account with Hawaiʻi Compliance Express to furnish proof of compliance with four agencies: The Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA), the Department of Taxation, the IRS, and the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations (DLIR). There is an annual fee of $12 to use this service.
- Download the tax clearance application (A6) form (PDF) and mail it in (mailing instructions are on the form).
- File in person at the tax office. See the list of locations.
Sign up for a free account with Hawaiʻi Business Express to register or renew a trade name, trademark or service mark online.
Use the tax license search to locate your Hawaiʻi taxpayer ID number.
Technical Help More Information